Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Praise to the Man....

Just wanted to post about a man whom I have known all my life, and always smiled when I heard his voice. I have felt such an emotional bond with him because that is who he is. He is the one person whom I could feel Heavenly Fathers love come through the pulpit and into my heart. President Gordon B. Hinckley.
Meeting him for the first time, he was in the First Presidency of the Church, a councilor to President Benson, where he dedicated a new Young Adult Stake Center here in Logan, Utah. I was in the Choir where I sat right behind him during the Services. What a spirit filled the room when he was in it. After it all came to a close, President Hinckley turned around and told a few of us what beautiful music we had performed, shaking our hands. What a feeling when he looked me in the eye and shook my hand, I felt like he knew me and loved me.
After he was made President, I saw him when he went to Colonial Juarez to our High School's Centennial (our High School is operated and owned by the LDS church. ). Little did we know that it would be there that he had the inspiration for the Small Temples being built. How exciting to know that he was thinking of my family and how they could serve in the Temple as well.
Then... when we came to the dedication of one of those first Small Temples in Colonial Juarez, I will never forget the words he spoke of my ancestors and that this Temple was built for them because of their hard work, dedication and trials they had endured. No other Ward or Stake in the world has so many Mission Presidents, General authorities, and Temple Presidents have come from one little place, that most people don't even know about.
Tears come to my eyes whenever we sing.. "We Thank thee Oh God, for a Prophet." Because I know we have one and even though President Hinckley is not with us, I know that President Monson is now our living Prophet today. I love him as well and look forward to many years of him Guiding us onward.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dog sweaters are Abercrombie Polos available in styles ranging from v-necks to Abercrombie Polos turtle necks and of course everything in ed hardy Hats between including hooded sweaters as well as knit ones. When it comes to your dog's Ed Hardy Sale warm dog wardrobe selections, sweaters are definitely a must have item.When Ed Hardy Swimwear the nights get even colder though and the basic sweater will just not do it for your dog, then Ed Hardy Swimwear you may be in need of a jacket or coat as well. There are Ed Hardy Swimwear many of these available too and they come in styles like checker trench coats, fabulous ed hardy swimsuits fleece jackets as well as promenade faux fur coats styles.