Sunday, June 08, 2008

FUN DAY!

Thursday was a great day because John got free, yes FREE passes for the entire family to go to Lagoon this weekend. Thursday was the only day that looked like it would be "less rain" than the rest of the week and we were right. The boys were so excited and so was I because we hadn't been to Lagoon in a few years. It also was the first time our whole family went to a Theme Park with NO STROLLER!!! WoW!!! That was so great not to have to lug everything around, and having to have someone "sit" with our stuff. But that also meant that I left everything at home... including MY CAMERA!!!! UUUUUGGGHHH! What was I thinking? I even had a clip on case that I could have strapped it on me during rides. (smacking myself on the forehead). So next time we will be a little more prepared!
This is a picture of the only roller coaster I was brave enough to get on, except for "puff" the kiddie roller coaster that I had to ride on with Jackson. (That is the only time I was so glad I didn't have the camera) This ride is called "the Bat". Yes, it is a ride similar to the batman, but not as long nor as fun, I hear. Noah loved it! He and Aaron rode that thing a lot. I liked it because it didn't go straight down going 60 miles an hour, it didn't go around and around, AND it didn't go upsidedown. That is my criteria for going on a ride, and if it has all 3, then I won't even look at it for fear I will "ralph" all over the place. I know I am old because 20 years ago, if one of my friends had just said the right words, like "I double-dog-dare-ya" I would have gone on every stinkin' spinning, dropping, swooping, looping, barf-inducing ride there. Yes, before the days of children, I was the one that had to prove that I was just as tough as the boys when it came to stuff like this, even though deep down inside I wanna to run and find the nearest place to crawl into. I remember as a kid (maybe age 9)my Dad putting me on those crazy rides (in MEXICO, no less) all by myself because I wanted to go on them so bad. My Mom had to walk away, I think. I am sure I was pretty sick after that, but I loved it. Thanks Dad! I guess thats why ridding the dirt bike was so relaxing to me later on!
This monster is THE WICKED! Marcus has wanted to ride that thing since we were driving to Salt Lake all the time and he was able to watch it go up. But because of his head still recovering from surgery, last summer he wasn't able to ride it. This year John promised him that he would go on it with him! Boy I think John learned his lesson! This ride propels/shoots you like a rocket up this 90 degree track and then, of course you come straight down (thanks to gravity)at the same 90 degree angle. John said he would be having nightmares of this thing for the rest of the week. He said when you start to drop, it seems like it just drops forever. Marcus said, and I quote.."I have never ever heard my Dad scream like a girl until now, he screamed all the way down and around the rest of the ride." Too bad I missed it, but you couldn't have "double-dog-dared" me enough to go on that thing! John even worked his way up to the wicked by riding the other pretty crazy rides first, but I still couldn't get him on the big Ferris wheel. GO FIGURE!
Since the trip to Arizona was supposed to be this weekend, I guess this sorta made up for it. Marcus wasn't able to fly aerobatics in a plane, but he was able to go on a few roller coasters with his brothers and his Dad. Aaron really hadn't been on any "real" roller coasters, but this year he sure enjoyed them. I think next time he will be ready to go on the wicked with Marcus. Well.... MAYBE... depends on who is with him. Peer pressure is an awful thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I am glad that I wasn't there to watch anyone ride any of the rides. My favorite ride has always been the Merry-go-round. I never have liked Logoon, guess that's why my standard answer was "NO" when you guys wanted to go there. In High School I went on roller coaster at Lagoon, because of peer pressure and I about died! Never again! Glad that you had a good time. I'll come to Utah to watch the Marching Band! OK? Hope you get to have more fun days! Love ya! Mom