Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update... Still waiting!

Well, friday I called first thing in the morning to the Oncologist's office and was only able to talk to a nurse practitioner. She said the office wasn't open until monday! I explained to her our situation and she went over Marcus's chart. She was really nice and kept telling me "I know you must be so worried". She suggested that they could move up his MRI to this next week, but other than that, it would be up to us if we thought he needed to be seen in the ER. In the ER they would only do a CT-scan that would pick up any fluid on/in his brain. An MRI they will be able to see things a lot clearer. Marcus is still feeling sick in the morning with some headache, but he hasn't vomited again. We decided to wait and go to clinic on tuesday for an MRI and to be able to see Dr.'s who know him. If he gets worse and starts vomiting, I will take him to the ER in a heartbeat.
For those who don't know why this is an urgent thing; headache and vomiting could be indications of some kind of pressure on the brain, or that there is some kind of fluid on the brain like water, or it could be some kind of blockage that is causing the spinal fluid to build up in the brain.
We are also looking at the possibility of this being a side effect to the seroquel that he started about 6 weeks ago. I really don't know a lot about medications, but it does say that it can cause headaches, nausea, and dizziness. I always thought that the side effects of meds would show up the first few weeks of starting it, but I could be wrong. I hope this is just a little hurdle that seems really big right now.
I will post hopefully tuesday night. His MRI will be at 9:00 AM.

1 comment:

alligood said...

Oh, Karen!
I just checked your blog today so I missed the stuff from last week. I am praying that today went well. Please update ASAP!